The Caregiver’s Journal is a “spinoff” of our popular Nurse’s Journal. Over the years, the Josie King Foundation has received requests for a journal that could be used by all types of caregivers within various organizations. As in the Nurse’s Journal, the Caregiver’s Journal contains exercises that help caregivers reflect on, and write about, work-related stress, and personal issues that can affect their lives. It also includes before and after stress evaluation charts that enable caregivers to assess their stress levels and note any changes after completing the journal exercises. This can help raise awareness of stress symptoms so they can be addressed in a timely manner. There are additional journal pages for free writing where caregivers can write about whatever is on their minds.
Caregiver’s Journal includes:
- Background information on therapeutic writing
- Inspirational quotes on writing
- Stress evaluation
- Guided writing suggestions
- Journal pages for free writing
- Words of wisdom and tips from caregivers on coping with stress
Comments from caregivers who have used the new journal
- “I felt stressed at the beginning of writing and relaxed at the end.”
- “I felt purged after writing in my journal.”
- “I feel like I understand things better after I write them down.”
Stress manifests itself in a wide variety of ways. You may not even be aware that some of the behaviors and emotions you experience are related to stress. Review the list of stress symptoms below, and mark how often you exhibited them within the last month.
The following pages are for you to write about anything that you want. Remember to go deep and really explore your thoughts and emotions.
We suggest a donation of $6 per Caregiver’s Journal for bulk orders. Shipping time for bulk orders is one to two weeks.
For More Information
To request a sample of the Caregiver’s Journal, or to place a bulk order, please email email@example.com.